Sunday, August 9, 2009

Whole Roasted Chicken

I bought a whole chicken to roast because I love roasted chicken. However, I failed to realize that meant my oven would be on for a really long time, which meant heating up my house when it is already hot because it is hot outside. Darn. But, I bit the bullet and did it anyway. It was good, but next time I will wait until it is cooler outside. You know, maybe in January.


Whole Roasted Chicken

1 whole chicken (3-4 lb.)
1 T onion powder
1 t kosher salt
1 t garlic powder
pepper
margarine or butter

Mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Season the chicken (by pulling back the skin) with the seasoning mixture, including inside the cavity. Put pats of butter or margarine under the skin. Bake in a roasting pan on a rack on 400° for 1 1/2 hours or until the juices run clear. Before letting the chicken rest I basted it with the juice from the bottom of the pan. Let the chicken rest for 30 minutes before cutting into it.


Bon Appetit!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment