Thursday, August 13, 2009

Asian Grilled Shrimp Salad

I just love to watch Food Network. One of my favorite shows to watch is Grill It with Bobby Flay. It's a good show for us because we love to grill. I was all set to make some Asian grilled shrimp from an episode I watched the other night, but (if you can believe it) it was raining. No complaints here. I was beginning to think that 105° was just a new terrible norm. I am happy to report that yesterday afternoon it was a cool 80&deg. It was glorious. Okay, enough with the weather. To make a long story short, this is what my grill looked like around dinner time:

So, that meant I had to improvise. A grill pan did the trick.

This salad was so delicious! I have quite a few salad recipes on here, but this salad is by far the best. If there is one to make, this is it. It is kind of a hybrid of a Bobby Flay recipe and a Giada recipe. It is Giada's salad with Bobby's shrimp and dressing. It was heavenly.


Shrimp Marinade:
Bobby Flay
1/4 c soy sauce
2 limes, juiced
2 t honey
2" piece of ginger, finely grated
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 c canola oil

Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to mix. Marinate shrimp for 15 minutes before grilling.

Salad Dressing
Bobby Flay
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
2 T soy sauce
2 T canola oil
1 T toasted sesame oil (I used canola oil here, so 3T total)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1/2 c. chopped, salted peanuts

Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to mix.

Salad

Mixed field greens
Napa Cabbage, thinly shredded
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 carrot peeled (in ribbons)

Assemble the salad. Top with the grilled shrimp and dressing.


Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment