Saturday, August 29, 2009

Green Chile Chicken Salad

I know what you're thinking — "Enough with the green chile recipes already." Under normal circumstances (not Hatch time) you might be right. But, when they are in season, I just can't help myself. I had some leftover grilled chicken from the night before and some roasted chiles and this just seemed like a match made in Heaven.

Green Chile Chicken Salad

1 chicken breast, chopped
2 heaping spoonfuls of mayonnaise
1 lime juiced
2 roasted Hot Hatch Green Chiles, chopped
handful of cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lime juice, green chiles and cilantro. Mix in the chopped chicken and season with salt and pepper.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to share. I do, however, have a serving suggestion. (see picture below)

picnic at zilker

This sandwich tastes much better while picnicking at the newly sodded Zilker Park with a couple of really cute kids.

Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment