Monday, May 4, 2009

Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quesadillas

These may not be what you think of when you think of quesadillas, but they were certainly just as delicious. I made them for dinner the other night when I needed something quick. I served them with a spinach salad. I think they would also work out well for lunch or even as an appetizer. I made these kind of quickly the other night so I don't have exact measurements for the seasoning in the mushrooms, but I will give my best guesses!

Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quesadillas

1 package of sliced button or cremini mushrooms
1 T unsalted butter
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 t beef bouillion
1/2 t dried thyme
2 T red wine
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
4 flour tortillas
goat cheese
shredded mozzarella

In a nonstick skillet heat the butter and olive oil. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Season with bouillion, thyme, and red wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
While the mushrooms are simmering, spread goat cheese on each of the tortillas. Next, put a layer of mushrooms on two of the tortillas. Put about 3 T of mozzarella on top of the goat cheese and top with one of the remaining tortillas. Cook quesadillas over medium low heat in a skillet. I served them with pico de gallo (because I think I am addicted to the stuff and would eat it on anything!) but they would be great all by themselves.

Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment