Friday, May 22, 2009

Grilled Steak Salad with Roasted Garlic Viniagrette

Jeff said that this was a great way to get his vegetables in, and I agree! How could a salad be anything but delicious when it has grilled steak on it? Of course, Max wouldn't dream of touching something like this, he thinks he doesn't like veshtables. (Don't tell him that carrots, broccoli, and peas fall under the veshtable category.) He did, however, love the meat. I'm telling you, the kid has never had any kind of protein touch his lips that he didn't like. But, that's another story.

For the salad, I used spinach, sliced button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas. I kept thinking that maybe the it was missing something, like it might have been better with blue cheese. But really, I think everything is better with cheese in it or on it.

For the steak marinade I used a recipe from allrecipes.com. It was so good! I could have eaten the whole flank steak all by myself. Hmm, I guess I've never had protein touch my lips that I didn't like. At least the little one comes by it honestly!

For the dressing I used a recipe from foodnetwork.com. I think my favorite cooking show on Food Network is Boy Meets Grill with Bobby Flay. I always want to try everything he makes on that show. The other day he made a roasted garlic viniagrette and honestly, I made this salad so I could make that dressing!

Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment