Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon

I think maybe this blog should be renamed 'What Jeff's Grilling' because, as I look back at previous posts, most of my recipes are grilled. So, I am very sorry if anyone who reads this does not have a grill! It is just so easy to have Jeff throw something on the grill instead of spending my evening in the kitchen cooking something in the oven. Well, here is yet another grilled entry!


Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon

1 (1-1.5 lb) salmon fillet
steak seasoning blend (I used Weber Chicago steak seasoning)
dill
juice of 1/2 of a lemon
extra virgin olive oil

About 2 hours before grilling soak the cedar plank so it doesn't burn. Just before grilling, place the salmon on the cedar plank skin side down to season. (I don't have exact measurements on the seasoning, but it usually requires a decent amount if the piece of salmon is thick.) Cover the top of the salmon with olive oil and then squeeze the lemon on it. Then, cover with the steak seasoning and the dill. After it is seasoned, it is ready to throw on the grill. The salmon will be on the grill for about 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the size of the fillet.) Really, you just want to watch the internal temperature of the fish. When the temperature reaches 150-155° it is done.


I served the salmon with grilled asparagus and rice pilaf.

Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment