Friday, July 31, 2009

Fish Tacos

So, yesterday I go to take a picture of dinner for my dear old blog, but I couldn't find the memory card for my other camera (the one that takes the more appetizing shots.) I had to use my point and shoot. Did you know that a memory card can be run through the washer and the dryer? Neither did I. I have got to get better about cleaning out pockets before I wash them. All's well that ends well, I suppose. And now, onto dinner.

Last night I made fish tacos and boy were they tasty. I used Mahi Mahi. And then I wondered why I don't make it more often when I make fish. It is so dense and meaty and delicious. It would have been really good on the grill, but it was raining last night so I baked it. It turned out pretty good that way.

You know that I love cheese, right? Well, I also love ranch dressing. I always like making things that I can put ranch on and tacos are no exception. It sounds kind of gross, but it was really good.

Fish Tacos

I took a 1 lb. piece of Mahi Mahi (with the skin taken off) and drizzled extra virgin olive oil on top. Then I put the zest of 1 lime, a sprinkle of ancho chile powder, lime juice (from the zested lime), salt and pepper on top. I baked the fish at 400° for about 20 minutes (or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140-145°.)

To serve the tacos I put a piece of the fish in a tortilla topped with shredded red cabbage and ranch dressing.

Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment