Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cobb Salad

Warning: The picture does not actually look very appetizing, but this salad was really good!

As I have said before, it is stinking hot in Austin right now. That is why there has been an obscene amount of salad recipes these days. Not to mention that salads are so easy! Maybe once it cools off (October?) I will actually start cooking again. But, I do love a good salad, so I can't say that I am too disappointed about having lots of salads. Cobb salad is one of my favorites. It is a wonderful combination of all the best things to eat: bacon, olives, bleu cheese, ranch dressing. What's not to like?

Cobb Salad

chopped Romaine lettuce
tomatoes, diced
Kalamata olives
bleu cheese
bacon, crumbled
avocado, sliced
grilled chicken, sliced

Assemble salad and dress with ranch dressing.

Ranch Dressing
(from allrecipes.com)

1 c. mayonnaise
3/4 c. buttermilk
1 t. dried chives
1/2 t. dried parsley
1/2 t. dried dill
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. onion powder
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper

This makes a ton of dressing. I think next time I will half it, just so you know.

See how easy a salad is!

Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment