Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs

I found this recipe on Food Network's website and I knew I had to try it. I love Ellie Krieger and I have never tried a recipe of her's that I didn't like. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I just used it as a general guide to make the recipe my own.


Turkey Meatballs
(Jen's recipe)

1 lb. ground turkey thighs
1 lb. ground turkey breast
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 tsp. salt
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 torn fresh basil leaves
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/3 shredded parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Form into 2" balls and place under the broiler for 10 minutes. They should be golden brown and about 155°, which is slightly undercooked.

Note: I didn't use all 2 lbs. of meatballs for this one recipe. I made them all and cooked them in the broiler and then froze them to use later


I knew that if I was making meatballs I was not going to make my own sauce. I can only do so much with a toddler and an infant! I opened up 2 jars of whatever tomato sauce I had on hand and used that. Since the meatballs are undercooked when you take them out of the broiler, I let them simmer in the tomato sauce while I cooked my pasta.

So, that's it. Spaghetti that is quick, easy, and delicious!

Bon Appetit!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment