Thursday, April 30, 2009

Broccoli and Bow Ties

I am never disappointed by any recipe of Ina Garten's that I try! I love that they all use fresh and simple ingredients. I especially loved this recipe because it was so easy. I think it took about 20 minutes from start to finish. That, of course, does not include grilling the sausage that I decided to add at the last minute (which doesn't count if I'm not in the kitchen!) The only thing I changed was using toasted walnuts instead of pine nuts. I also used Grana Padano instead of parmesan, but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell a difference between the two in a blind taste test. And, like I said before, I added sundried tomato chicken sausage from Central Market that we grilled.

Try it, you will love it!


Bon Appetit!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen,
    It's Devin - Paula Weaver's daughter. I love your blog - such a great idea - and keep it updated because I am always looking for good new recipes. I think I am going to try the bowtie pasta and chicken tacos this week.
    Happy cooking,
    Devin Bertram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devin, I am so glad that you are reading and that you are trying some of the recipes!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete